Immediate opening available for a weekend Facility Operations Assistant
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain the ice rink, specifically:
• Resurface the ice on a regular basis using the Zamboni ice resurfacer.
• Edge the ice rink with the electric powered edger.
• Maintain a proper ice level.
• Maintain dasherboards, glass and benches.
• Ensure that all ice making equipment is in working order.
• Keep the facility clean and organized.
• Support any scheduled maintenance taking place weekends or after-hours.
• Provide assistance required such as event preparation and set-up, front desk support, or with any job required for a smooth operation of events.
• All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION
General education degree or job experience related to facility operations, or maintenance, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of general repairs and facility maintenance.
• Ability to drive the Zamboni, or willingness to learn.
• Detailed oriented.
• Possess a high level of integrity.
• Flexible and reliable.
• Demonstrates high sense of urgency to deliver results.
• Able to effectively communicate with customers, employees, Facility Supervisor and General Manager.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work
• Understand and practice safe work habits.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to climb.
• Must be able to work weekends
LICENSING/CERTIFICATION AND OTHER REQUIRMENTS
• Valid drivers’ license. Loudoun Ice Centre will provide training on Zamboni Ice Resurfacing and other duties and responsibilities.
COMPENSATION FOR THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Compensation for duties and responsibilities commensurate with experience.
• Paid personal time off
• Retirement plan with employer match
Please send all inquiries to Darren Hersh, General Manager, Loudoun Ice Centre, at Darren@Loudounice.com.