Exciting opportunity! Loudoun Ice Centre, a 1/3 size, real ice training facility. The goalie coach will coach with local hockey programs during the season as well as with lessons at the facility. In the Spring and Summer, the coach will assist with camps, clinics, and spring team practices as well as conduct private and semi-private goalie lessons. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Loudoun Ice Centre team!
We are seeking a team player that is responsible, flexible, reliable, and a results driven former goalie. Prior experience playing ice hockey at the Junior, Collegiate or Professional hockey are required. The selected candidate is expected to lead the growth and development of the program's current and future goaltender clients.
* Played Goalie at the junior, collegiate or professional level and has an in-depth knowledge of ice-hockey, goaltending, and sports-specific performance training
* Positive, personable outlook, energetic, detail-oriented, happy, hardworking and flexible
* Outstanding organizational and customer service skills (both written and orally)
* Must enjoy working in team environment, but requires little supervision
* Must be a self-starter, be able to work on its own, and be able to take initiative
* Must be able to start projects and see them through to completion
* Enjoy coaching goalies of all ages and skill level
* Focused on making goalies better every day
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs
* Marketing and sales background is preferred
* Knowledge of video editing a plus, but not required
* Proficient at driving Zamboni ice resurfacer or willing to learn
* 4 year college degree or extensive coaching experience is preferred
* Clear background check required
* Must be willing to relocate
* Train and coach clients in a fun, safe and motivating manor and provide top quality customer service
* Instruct at private lessons, semi-private lessons, learn to play classes, clinics, and camps as well as at team practices.
* Shoot and edit both video analysis footage and instructional videos.
* Create and grow relationships with athletes and their parents and be a presence at tryouts, games and tournaments in the area.
* Complete pre and post athlete evaluations.
* Spearhead new projects that produce new streams of revenue for the company.
* Must be willing to work mornings and evenings and weekends with two days off per week.
* Produce monthly newsletter that includes upcoming events, players of the month, and other information about Loudoun Ice Centre activities.
* Promote activities at Loudoun Ice Centre on social media platforms, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. on a regular and consistent basis.
* Provide support with ice rink maintenance including, but not limited to, ice resurfacing, edging, and other duties and responsibilities associated with maintaining proper ice level, temperature, and functionality.
* Secure shooters for goalie lessons that require additional resource.
* Resurface the ice as needed.
* Provide support with all facility events including but not limited to public skating, private rentals, birthday parties, etc. to ensure great customer experience.
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
Salaried Position: $38,000 per year plus $1,000 sign-on bonus
Start Date: August 1, 2021
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to:
Darren Hersh, General Manager
Loudoun Ice Centre