Immediate opening available for a Full-time or Part-time Facility Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain the ice rink, specifically:
• Resurface the ice on a regular basis using the Zamboni ice resurfacer.
• Edge the ice rink with the electric powered edger.
• Maintain a proper ice level.
• Maintain dasherboards, glass and benches.
• Ensure that all ice making equipment is in working order.
• Repair all minor facility damages when they occur and secure appropriate contractor for larger repairs.
• Keep the facility clean and organized.
• Support any scheduled maintenance ensuring minimal to no disruption to events calendar.
• Maintain ice resurfacing log, filter change log, and any other logs that may assist in the smooth operation of the facility.
• Assist with training and supervision of Rink Associates.
• Provide assistance required such as event preparation and set-up, front desk support, or with any job required for a smooth operation of events.
• Ensure proper execution of safety company policies
• Ensure all required operations paperwork is completed and up-to-date including permits, inspections, and compliance.
• All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION
General education degree and a minimum of 1 year of the-job experience related to facility operations, or maintenance, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of general repairs and facility maintenance.
• Ability to drive the Zamboni, or willingness to learn.
• Detailed oriented.
• Possess a high level of integrity.
• Flexible and reliable.
• Demonstrates high sense of urgency to deliver results.
• Able to effectively communicate with customers, employees, and General Manager.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data.
• Ability to prepare reports, general correspondence and lists.
• Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work
• Utilize problem solving skills and analytical thinking
• Ability to work under pressure, time constraints and deadlines.
• Understand and practice safe work habits.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to climb.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends
LICENSING/CERTIFICATION AND OTHER REQUIRMENTS
• Valid drivers’ license
Loudoun Ice Centre will provide training on Zamboni Ice Resurfacing and other duties and responsibilities.
COMPENSATION FOR THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Compensation for duties and responsibilities range from $15 to $19 per hour commensurate with experience.
• One week (40 hours) paid vacation in year 1. Vacation time available for use after 4-month of employment. Two weeks (80 hours) paid vacation in year 2. Three weeks (120 hours) paid vacation in year 3.
• Retirement plan with employer match
Part Time or Full Time
Please send all inquiries to Darren Hersh, General Manager, Loudoun Ice Centre, at Darren@Loudounice.com.