ASSISTANT FACILITY MANAGER
Immediate opening available for a Full-time or Part-time Assistant Facility Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain the ice rink, specifically:
• Resurface the ice on a regular basis using the Zamboni ice resurfacer.
• Edge the ice rink with the electric powered edger.
• Maintain a proper ice level.
• Maintain dasherboards, glass and benches.
• Ensure that all ice making equipment is in working order.
• Repair all minor facility damages when they occur and secure appropriate contractor for larger repairs.
• Keep the facility clean and organized.
• Support any scheduled maintenance ensuring minimal to no disruption to events calendar.
• Maintain ice resurfacing log, filter change log, and any other logs that may assist in the smooth operation of the facility.
• Assist with training and supervision of Rink Associates.
• Provide support on Rink Associate hiring process.
• Provide assistance required such as event preparation and set-up, front desk support, or with any job required for a smooth operation of events.
• Ensure proper execution of safety company policies
• Ensure all required operations paperwork is completed and up-to-date including permits, inspections, and compliance.
• Provide monthly reporting to LICGM including but not limited to the budget, logs, and facility maintenance
• All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION
General education degree and a minimum of 1 years on the-job experience related to facility operation or facility maintenance or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of general repairs and facility maintenance.
• Ability to drive the Zamboni, or willingness to learn.
• Detailed oriented.
• Possess a high level of integrity.
• Flexible and reliable.
• Demonstrates high sense of urgency to deliver results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communication and present information and respond to customers, employees, and LICGM.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data.
• Ability to prepare reports, general correspondence and lists.
• Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work
• Utilize problem solving skills and analytical thinking
• Ability to work under pressure, time constraints and deadlines.
• Understand and practice safe work habits.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to climb.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends
LICENSING/CERTIFICATION AND OTHER REQUIRMENTS
• Valid drivers’ license
Loudoun Ice Centre will provide training on Zamboni Ice Resurfacing and other duties and responsibilities.
COMPENSATION FOR THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Compensation for duties and responsibilities range from $14 to $18 per hour commensurate with experience.
• One week (40 hours) paid vacation in year 1. Vacation time available for use after 4-month of employment. Two weeks (80 hours) paid vacation in year 2. Three weeks (120 hours) paid vacation in year 3.
• Health care benefits
Part Time or Full Time
4-day work week: Thursday to Sunday
Please send all inquiries to Darren Hersh, General Manager, Loudoun Ice Centre, at Darren@Loudounice.com.